Top Blogs

Want your 15 minutes of fame? Try out our anonymous soapbox. Send an email to and see it listed here. No SPAM Please.

Disclaimer: Postings in 'the soapbox' are the opinions of the particular poster and not necessarily the operator of this site.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fredericton - The intelligent city

Fredericton is in the top 7 cities in the world to be considered for "most intelligent city". It seems most of it has to do with our awesome and free WiFi network infrasture that is in place. I remember when I was visited at my company to donate to the WiFi network. Initially, there was no gaurenteee it would actually be connected to the internet. At the time, I didn't really see much point in a WiFi network with no internet access. Of course, it does have internet access and it works great, I wish it covered even more areas of the city.

Fredericton, has also been making large strides in protecting the environment as well. We have a green parades, and recycle contests with local communities. We are also working to be the first city to meet Kytoto targets. I get the slight feeling this sounded life an after thought, but I think it is also important to mention.

Read More...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?