Top Blogs

Want your 15 minutes of fame? Try out our anonymous soapbox. Send an email to and see it listed here. No SPAM Please.

Disclaimer: Postings in 'the soapbox' are the opinions of the particular poster and not necessarily the operator of this site.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

10 Reasons to Treat Your Mom

Mothers day is just around the corner (at least it is as I write this entry).

Now, in today's day and age, we have no excuse for not giving gifts to our moms..you know those women that gave us life, and clothed and fed us, and taught us right from wrong, all while managing a household, and perhaps a full time job?

Today, with the internet and great sites like 1800flowers. If you do nothing else, you can use this service and very easily order some pretty spring flowers. Don't forget to include a nice little poem and thank-you as well. Literally you are spending 10 minutes of your time at most. 10 minutes of your time to remember you mom for a lifetime of effort. Here, add a mother day reminder to your calendar right now, so you don't forget !

Like most others, I also have to admit, I probably never truely appreciated all the work mothers do, until I had kids myself. I dare you ! Just spend a day alone with your kids and a list of things that 'mom' normally does, and you will quickly gain a large appreciation for all the work they do on a daily basis.

A day, a single day? that's all they get as 'pay' for all the work. Even if you ordered flowers for them every day of the week. It still would not be enough.

You Let Me Know You Love Me
By Joanna Fuchs

You let me know you love me
In so many different ways.
You make me feel important
With encouragement and praise.

You're always there when I need you
To comfort and to care.
I know I'm in your thoughts;
Your love follows me everywhere.

Thank you for all you've done
And given so generously.
I love you, my wonderful mother,
You're a heaven-sent blessing to me.

Happy Mothers Day -

Read More...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?