Top Blogs

Want your 15 minutes of fame? Try out our anonymous soapbox. Send an email to and see it listed here. No SPAM Please.

Disclaimer: Postings in 'the soapbox' are the opinions of the particular poster and not necessarily the operator of this site.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

A brief history of Internet Marketing

Here's some interesting remenecing from David Ledoux from his blog. When I think of the past internet, and I was in university, I sure wish I had the fore thought to buy up some of the .COM domain names. Back in the 90's it was over 100 for a domain name (now they can be as little as $6..but can you find a good one). If I had bought say cars.com in 1999, I may have been able to sell if for millions today. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20 right?

I have recently had the chance to review David's free 16 page Small Business Death Sentence. He has some interesting ideas, that I am looking forward to trying out.

One tip, when you subscribe to his blog, the first page you go to is HTML version of the story. I didn't realize this, after you sign up you can quickly find the link to the PDF version. Once subscribed, he also sends you some interesting videos and freebies that might be of interest to marketeers new and old.

Whenever, I feel trying to remember the olddays, I simply fire up the Internet Archive's Way Back Machine. The archive shows todays BIG websites used to look back in the old days. Isn't it funny how much things have changed in such little time, yet we all call it the old days?

Special thanks to BigMoneyFreeTime for the providing me an opportunity to publish this post

Enjoy !

Read More...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?