Top Blogs

Want your 15 minutes of fame? Try out our anonymous soapbox. Send an email to and see it listed here. No SPAM Please.

Disclaimer: Postings in 'the soapbox' are the opinions of the particular poster and not necessarily the operator of this site.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Carrie Underwood is on Tour

Carrie Underwood, (forth season Americon Idol Winner), is currenly tour in the United States. Now, I'm no music expert and country is not really my favorite. But none the less she does have some pretty good songs. And you have to hand it to her, after winning Grammies, Billboard and American music awards..all in one season. Well she has to be doing something right.

She also has launched her own YouTube channel, which tends to give credit to exploting new media. Unfortuanly, you cannot share her videos on other sites and so far there are only a few that have been uploaded to YouTube. So I don't think it is as fully exploited here as it could be.

During her tour, my understanding is she will be travelling along with Keith Urban.

Now, I'm not a big fan of American Idol, as with most shows, I watched it more in the early seasons then in the latter ones. I'm getting a little tired of watching the same old routine between the judges. I don't know about you but to me, sometimes it feels a little too scripted.

None of Carrie's tour dates seem to indicate any visits to Canada. I have been fairly disappointed with the frequency of tours to the 'outskirts' of my country. Often times they don't sell enough tickets, and the show ends up being cancelled. Some of the sucessfull concerts actually had a lot of people buy tickets on line, only to later try and sell them on ebay for a higher price. Be very carefull, in many situations this can be illegal, plus even if you tried this, there is no gaurtentee you will get back the orginal price you paid.

I remember one example in particular, a sold out show, with tickets showing up on ebay for 200% of the orginal purchase price. What happened? The ticketmaster began selling even more tickets, and no one was unable to unload the tickets they already purchsed, and they lost a lot of money.

Still, if I had to choose, I'd say buying online, is definitly the way to go, then be one of those 'fanatics' that stand in a line for 2-3 nights on end, when you can sit in your comfy slippers and buy your tickets from your own couch !

If you've been following her since idol, you'll want to get your Carrie Underwood Tickets online for one of her tour dates. You can find a detailed list at the link below.

Read More...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?